[Solved] Hard drives order question

I have three 2 TB HDs connected to AOC-SASLP-MV8.  The order from AOC is:

0: Hitachi 2TB

1: Hitachi 2TB

2: Samsung 2TB

When I boot into Unraid and tries to assign the drives, the pulldown menu lists the HDs in reverse order as I listed below.

sdb: Samsung

sdc: Hitachi

sdd: Hitachi

Is there a reason why Unraid chose it this way?  I would like to have my HD order the way AOC configures it.  I want my 1st Hitachi HD as parity then followed by the data drives.  That way all the data drives will be in sequence with no break in between as a parity drive.

Thanks

Paul.

I have three 2 TB HDs connected to AOC-SASLP-MV8.  The order from AOC is:

0: Hitachi 2TB

1: Hitachi 2TB

2: Samsung 2TB

When I boot into Unraid and tries to assign the drives, the pulldown menu lists the HDs in reverse order as I listed below.

sdb: Samsung

sdc: Hitachi

sdd: Hitachi

Is there a reason why Unraid chose it this way?  I would like to have my HD order the way AOC configures it.  I want my 1st Hitachi HD as parity then followed by the data drives.  That way all the data drives will be in sequence with no break in between as a parity drive.

Thanks

Paul.

They are assigned in the order in which they present themselves as being ready to the linux OS.  The designations can even change from one boot to the next if two disks initialize in nearly the identical times (but different sequence)

Apparently, the Samsung initializes faster.

Joe L.