HBA card issues

HI Guys,

Dont know if someone has some insights on the problem I'm having,

I was super excited about setting up my new Unraid server (even made a post about the best way to migrate)

Ive read through multiple posts and found even an amazing guide

My goal was to have a similar setup to the shared link, as I was gifted the exact same DS (2 *24bay) and really only wanted to use 1.

I ordered a LSI 9207-8E pre flashed to IT mode off of ebay and a QSFP to MiniSAS(SFF-8088) DDR Cable to connect the DS to the HBA card.

Now this the problem, the diskshelf powers on fine and all HDD caddy's lights turn green.

The HBA card detects in the system and shows up but does not list any drives, and unraid does not see any drives

I at least think Unraid sees the HBA card as when I have a look in devices the SASLSI card is listed in PCI Devices (No IOMMU Groups Available) but not under the SCSI devices. Im also running unraid with a fresh new USB in trial mode.

Ive tried the HBA card in multiple systems and in my working server and same thing no drives are detected, there is also a blinking green light on the card.

Ive connected the cables on the disk shelf in the following way

-HBA - Square port on Disk shelf
-HBA - Square port and used a daisy chain cable from the Circle port to the square port on the bottom level of the shelf
-HBA - to circle port just incase I forgot what my shapes are.

I don't know if its the card , cable or shelf that's the issue. (Shelf s were working before they were decommissioned)

Any thoughts

11 minutes ago, thefozzybear said:

The HBA card detects in the system and shows up but does not list any drives, and unraid does not see any drives

I am not an expert on this (perhaps @JorgeB can give you more guidance).  IT mode firmware should allow the drives to be seen individually with a SAS2308 chipset.

My IT mode SAS2008-based card shows up in IOMMU Group 1 as follows:

[1000:0072] 02:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] (rev 03)

and the attached disks show up under SCSI Devices.

The docs for the card say this about the flashing green LED:

"The LSI SAS 9207-8e HBA heartbeat LED, CR1, blinks green to indicate that the HBA is capable of general activity."

Sounds like blinking means it is functioning.

I would suspect cabling.