SOLVED:UDM and UNRAID web interface error

ados

Apologies if this is more network related than UNRAID but I think its worth the investigation.

I recently switched from consumer routing hardware to a more enterprise solution from Ubiquity, UniFi Dream Machine.

Once implemented the UNRAID interface (GUI) was no longer accessible.

Since I had setup different VLANs and firewall restrictions following least privileged access I was quick to blame my implementation.

I slowly peeled back the restrictions and nothing worked, it still resulted in this:

image.png.a2fdfbae14eb0fd1f5122c0352d2df54.png

Eventually I lowered all security until there was none and while I can ping the server the GUI would not load.

I confirmed using GUI mode that the server was fine and both DHCP and DNS matched the testing desktop devices.

Finally I identified that https://IP:443 worked once trusted cert is dismissed.

This lead me to the "solution", add the host URL UNRAID redirects to into the PC host file which then works as before.

This confirms its the combination of UDM and UNRAID not UNRAID itself but it does raise the question of how to fix at the router or UNRAID level. The most obvious solution would be a custom DNS record for the UDM but agaisnt my knowedge before purchasing the device it doesn't support custom DNS records despite years of cries from customers. Most use a secondary DNS device such as Pi-hole. However that just adds extra complexity and devices to manage, are their any UDM owners out there that have a solution to this?

Thanks 😃

• 2 weeks later...

I to use Unifi products, including the Dream Machine Pro and do not experience this problem.  Four different VLAN's and everything works as intended.  I also have Pi-Hole running in UnRaid docker container, but do not have any custom DNS records for it.

What is under the "Details" section of the error page that you have there?

• 10 months later...
  • ados changed the title to SOLVED:UDM and UNRAID web interface error