How do I install the SMBClient for Nextcloud on UNRAID?

Hi,

I'm trying to setup Nextcloud and connect it to my existing shares on UNRAID. I've downloaded and installed the official Docker for NextCloud and enabled external device support but it says it's missing the SMBClient but I can't find it anywhere in the NextCloud webUI or in the apps section of UNRAID so I was wondering how I could install it onto Nextcloud so I could connect my shares.

image.thumb.png.806e92d144c3f4aee0aa12d745289daa.pngimage.png.72fed2391c715886ae56a2ebac030306.png

• 2 years later...

I connected my External Share without the SMBclient, you just have to mount the Shares to the Nextcloud Container, after that you can mount them in the Nextcloud Plugin "External Storage" to your Dashboard. You can choose where to mount the share in the container, i went with "ext_xxxx" so i now it is external storage.

In the plugin, you have to choose "local" instead of "smb" because the share is now mounted to the Docker Container. Works like a charm for me since years.

Snag_3912dea1.png

Snag_3912f768.png