Unusual problem with failed data drive

Hi, I have what I think is a bit of an unusual problem, I have an array with a single 10tb Parity drive and an assortment of 8 8tb and 10tb data drives. I just picked up a couple of 14tb drives, and I was going to replace the parity drive with a 14tb and move the 10tb parity and the second 14tb to retire a couple of the 8tb drives, however…..

Here is my problem, one of the 8tb drives in the array failed, and the only spare drives I have are the new 14tb ones, which I obviously can’t install as they are bigger than parity. I was wondering if I can install one of the 14tb drives as parity 2 and rebuild, and then replace the faulty 8tb with the second 14tb, then after that rebuild, pull out parity 1 so it is back to a single parity system, and I keep the 10tb as a spare.

Basically, I suppose what I need to know is if the parity 2 build will include the emulated information from the faulty disk. I have ordered an 8tb direct replacement drive, however, if I can do the above procedure then I will use it to retire another 8tb drive as they are mostly quite old seagate archive smr drives that I have been trying to get out of the system

As was mentioned the parity swap procedure is for exactly this scenario although it would leave you with the 10TB drive in place of the failed 8TB drive and the other 14TB drive as a spare.    If you want to make the 10TB drive a spare you could then follow the standard procedure for upgrading the size of a drive in the array, but maybe it will be simpler to keep it as a spare as it could then replace any failed drive.