hey I'm new to unraid and this forum. I have a few questions about how to tell if Plex is running right on the system.

Go to solution Solved by ceepeebee,

I only have one file saved on Plex right now ( Big buck bunny) with one custom poster to test every thing out. the media plays fine and trans codes down fine as well but Im having trouble telling if somethings are setup correctly. I also used  lscr.io/linuxserver/Plex Version of Plex because I needed quick sync support and I was told that has the best support for it. I think I have that working. I fallowed I guid on how to do it.

1.  I'm having trouble telling were the app data is going.  How do I tell if the Plex app data is being stored on my cache pool ? will I be able to see the data on the share assigned to the cache pool?  in the app data part of the docker setup page I changed /mnt/user/appdata/plex to /mnt/cache/appdata/plex I was told to do this from a guid but don't think thats right. also the app data share name is Plex_appdata.

2. Does the lscr.io/linuxserver/Plex Version default to ram trans coding ? I didn't see a option to change that in the docker setup page. I would maybe like it to only use 50% of the ram I know its like dev/shm or something right. 

• Solution
On 2/10/2022 at 12:26 AM, SpaceGator said:

I only have one file saved on Plex right now ( Big buck bunny) with one custom poster to test every thing out. the media plays fine and trans codes down fine as well but Im having trouble telling if somethings are setup correctly. I also used  lscr.io/linuxserver/Plex Version of Plex because I needed quick sync support and I was told that has the best support for it. I think I have that working. I fallowed I guid on how to do it.

1.  I'm having trouble telling were the app data is going.  How do I tell if the Plex app data is being stored on my cache pool ? will I be able to see the data on the share assigned to the cache pool?  in the app data part of the docker setup page I changed /mnt/user/appdata/plex to /mnt/cache/appdata/plex I was told to do this from a guid but don't think thats right. also the app data share name is Plex_appdata.

2. Does the lscr.io/linuxserver/Plex Version default to ram trans coding ? I didn't see a option to change that in the docker setup page. I would maybe like it to only use 50% of the ram I know its like dev/shm or something right. 

Hey,

I'm also a bit of a noob, but I might be able to help a bit.

1) I read the same guide. The /mnt/user/appdata** path is identical to the /mnt/cache/appdata** path, assuming that your appdata is stored on cache. You can tell this by going to the cache drive in "Main" and clicking the windows explorer-esque logo on the right to see what data is stored on it. You can then go to "Shares" and just sanity check within the share the "use cache pool" setting (see below).

Going back to the /mnt/user vs /mnt/cache discussion, the reason that I've read this is a worthwhile change is that the /mtn/cache path is a more "direct" route for want of a better description, to the data, and via /mnt/user which I believe hits a few other sub-systems before ultimately hitting the cahce.

image.thumb.png.29cb9206e9cad8c2b89e68c3c6c09afd.png

I wish I could help on 2) - I know nothing :/

• Like 1