Mounting SMB/NFS share in docker - experiences?

Coldrush

I'm a very happy Unraid user with two servers that I'm using for all sorts of interesting and fun projects. It has been a journey and I'm loving it so far.

Now, I also have a Blue Iris server with special surveillance hard drives (WD Purple) that I use for 24x7 recording. One of my Unraid servers is hosting Frigate for everything related to high quality motion/face recording as well home automation. Now, I'm thinking of mounting my WD Purple drives into the Frigate container.

Currently, I'm already doing the same with other media shares in a Plex container. This is working great. However, I'm in doubt about doing the same thing for Frigate because the notification when creating a new share explains: "Use caution when using a remote share local mount in a Docker Container or VM for critical data" (see attachment).

I'm curious - what are other users doing? And what been your experiences? Anything I should consider before moving forward? Looking forward to your learnings!

popup-Unraid.JPG

Edited by Coldrush
  • Coldrush changed the title to Mounting SMB/NFS share in docker - experiences?