localhost won't connect (GUI on device itself)

Fresh install, booted up earlier today and everything was fine, verified that I could see all the disks, etc and then shut down the box.

Powered up tonight to start doing real config, grabbed my laptop and tried to connect (I could only connect via IP during the original uptime) so my servername.local and got nowhere (so that is a different issue that I need to figure out) so I assume it is the hostname issue and try to access directly via IP and get nothing. I ping the box to make sure it is up and sure enough, all the packets come back indicating that its listening.

Walk to my office, fire up the connected monitor and log in to the GUI and Firefox pops up and states Unable to Connect.

So, it cannot connect to itself via localhost. I even tried 127.0.0.1 for kicks and nothing there either.

Not sure I trust this thing to work being that its the second boot and I already can't connect. With 0 config changes.

Let me know if there is any other info you would need to help. I have rebooted several times over the course of a couple hours