udma crc error

My heart skipped a beat when i saw a thumbs down on my second parity drive. 

Looks like i have a UDMA Crc error.  It started about 45min ago.  Did a quick search and sounds like its a communication error (sata cable?).  I currently have unbalance moving data off a 3tb drive and spreading it across a few different 14tb drives.  

I made sure that the parity drives are plugged directly into the mobo, not through the hba card. I plan to check the connection of my sata cable to the drives and mobo connection after the unbalance is done. 

I hadn't touched anything on the array for a few days, but i have been shrinking the amount of disks i have so there has been some movement of sata/power cables.  

This hurting any of my data?

image.thumb.png.494f8e19225c3db91a2988975a4f925d.png

Normally CRC errors (which are connection related ones) are recovered automatically by retrying.   Occasional ones are not really a cause for concern but if they are happening more frequently then they might need looking into.  Commonest cause is cabling (power or SATA) but other possibilities exist.   Note the value never gets reset to 0 so the aim is to stop it increasing.

6 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Normally CRC errors (which are connection related ones) are recovered automatically by retrying.   Occasional ones are not really a cause for concern but if they are happening more frequently then they might need looking into.  Commonest cause is cabling (power or SATA) but other possibilities exist.   Note the value never gets reset to 0 so the aim is to stop it increasing.

I did read that, i was hoping it was a fluke and hitting the "acknowledge" button next to the thumbs down would be it, but i checked back about 20min later and it jumped to 5.

Its been about 90min and no increase so far.  

I'm trying to move all the data off a drive and zero it out so it can be removed.  I'm guessing i should address it once the unbalance is done in about 2hrs before i start to zero the drive?