danimal86

Members
  • Posts

    85
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

danimal86's Achievements

Rookie

Rookie (2/14)

5

Reputation

  1. Well, i just tried to point the /transcode to /mnt/cache to see if that would work, and it seems like it does. Anyone know why the unassigned drive m.2 with about 90gb free wouldn't work, but my cache with 500gb free would? Does the transcodes really need that much room?
  2. Sorry if its the wrong place to post this, i couldn't find a support thread for the Official PMS support. I'm trying to record the Olympic coverage using HDHomeRun Quatro and plex. I tried to play a recorded file on the web player (on a windows machine) and it says Not enough disk space to convert this item. I can go to the file itself on the download directory and can play it using VLC just fine, but not through plex. I have my transcode path set to /tm/ i have a feeling that that may be the issue. I have 16gigs of ram on the server and the recorded files are around 7gigs (i'm sure those files get big when converting?) I've tried changing the /transcode directory on the docker from /tmp/ to /mnt/disks/Transcode (an unassigned m.2 with about 90gb free) and that didn't work. Any advice? Not sure if it matters, but there are recordings happening (but not trying to play the file that is in the middle of recording) while i'm trying to play the past recordings. Here's htop Here's what the log says: [s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0. [s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0. [fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes... [fix-attrs.d] done. [cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts... [cont-init.d] 40-plex-first-run: executing... Plex Media Server first run setup complete [cont-init.d] 40-plex-first-run: exited 0. [cont-init.d] 45-plex-hw-transcode-and-connected-tuner: executing... [cont-init.d] 45-plex-hw-transcode-and-connected-tuner: exited 0. [cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: executing... [cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: exited 0. [cont-init.d] done. [services.d] starting services Starting Plex Media Server. [services.d] done. Critical: libusb_init failed
  3. I thought i'd follow up with myself, maybe it will help others out with the same issue. Here's how i solved my problem: Shut down the server, and pull the flash drive. Plug the flash drive into another computer and in the "config" folder there is a file named "go" Open that in notepad and add "nvidia-persistenced" to the bottom. Eject the usb and put it back in the server and boot. Upon reboot, my P2000 goes straight into P8 and also my cpu usage went from 6-8% at idle to 1-2% at idle
  4. I'm having a hard time getting my P2000 gpu to go into P8 mode from P0. I've read that adding "nvidia-persistenced" to the boot script will solve it. Cant find anything about how to do that. I'm on 6.9.1
  5. I bet you guys have a response ready just by the titles (thanks for all you guys do) Freaking mover stopped at 27%, i think its the CA mover tuning app telling it to stop, i removed it.....seems to be working now.
  6. So i have Appdata, domains, isus and system set to prefer downloads is set to Yes I plan to put it back to that once i reformat the cache....sound about right?
  7. So i'm trying to reformat my cache to the new 1MiB format that gets rid of the excessive writes. Here's what i did: Dissabled dockers (dont use vm's, its off) set all shares to Cache: Yes When i run the mover, it doesn't move from 37%. I have the Mover Tuning app, and i even disabled it. When i look in the cache it still shows folders in there: Is there something new with 6.9.0 that i'm missing? I attached the logs from when the mover was going. I see in the Logs: DFTPCT LIMIT USED FOR SETTING: 85 Is this still the mover tuning app not allowing the mover to work since its not above the 85% threshold? Edit: I set the CA Mover Tuning App to: Only move at this threshold of used cache space: 0 % and now its working mover.txt
  8. I changed the Vendor from Nvidia, to change me, and back to Nvidia and its working now
  9. I just threw in a Quadro P2000, and i'm noticing that plex shows that it is transcoding, but no statistics are showing on the dashboard: This screenshot was with a video playing. Could an old mobo bios be the cause? here's what my app info looks like:
  10. extended test finished. Says errors occurred. Anything stand out? tower-smart-20201003-1036.zip
  11. Thanks. The rebuild finished and its back online. I've got it running an extended smart test right now.
  12. Parity sync/data rebuild has started.
  13. how do i know if the disk is fine?
  14. Thought i'd check on the server since i did a case swap earlier this week and it ran a parity check on the 1st of the month. I have a red x next to Parity 2 disk. So far i've: Reboot - No change Re seated sata/power - No Change Swapped sata cables with a different one - No change Swapped power plugs with another disk - No change I did a diagnostic before and after i started troubleshooting, but i've ran out of ideas. I noticed there were some errors before i did the troubleshooting and now there are zero (i had 5 errors before that had been there for a while). tower-diagnostics-20201002-0950.zip tower-diagnostics-20201002-1033_Post Sata Power Swap.zip
  15. I have CA Mover Tuning plugin initiate the mover at 95% full, so most of my current media stays on the cache. I just looked at a couple screenshots and i must have been looking at the flash drive being mostly empty, because my cache was at 89% full before i shut down. no torrents here all nzb. i just confirmed that my cache was not almost empty before the case swap. I must have been looking at the flash drive being almost empty. I always take screenshots and backup my appdata before i mess with anything.