Mover does not move files to cache

OliverRC
Go to solution Solved by trurl,

I have a number of files I am trying to consolidate on the Cache drive as a performance optimization (tyring to follow these steps) for Plex.

The files currently are distributed across the Cache and Disks. 

image.thumb.png.907199220120848b2a0cdcd5daf8e98f.png

I have stopped all containers, disabled Docker and given ample time for shutdown.

Furthermore, when this didn't work I rebooted the system and made sure no container processes or VM (I have none) were running.

Unfortunately not matter what I do it seems the mover is not doing anything.

I've run it from the GUI, run it with logging enabled, and tried running it from Terminal. 

The cache drive has ample free space and I've tried everything to ensure the files are not being access and therefore locked.

The only thing I can see is when drilling down through the share that some files are marked as "yellow" which I can only presume is some permissions. Could this be preventing them from moving? 

image.thumb.png.b27c928dc2c12a4a9871cf4ea5e46a50.png

Does the disk indicator imply the file is duplicated across both Cache and Disk in the above screenshot?

The mover completes it's execution, does not output anything that I can see and yet the files remain unchanged in my "/appdata" share

• Solution

/mnt/user includes files on cache and array. User Shares are simply the top level folders on array disks and pools. Files on the lowest numbered disk are shown in the user share if there are multiples. Cache is considered lower than the array. Not really a question of the age of the files but in this case newer seems a reasonable choice to keep.

• Thanks 1