BTRFS errors on a mirrored cache pool, now shows no filesystem. OMG HELP

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I have 2 500gb crucial ssd's mirrored in a raid 1 cache pool. I keep everything updated, on the latest 6.9.2.

Everything was swimming along nicely until this morning when I updated Fix Common Problems, then went to CA and showed me that docker was disabled. I check things out and see that my cache drive is in read only mode, and one of the 2 SSDs was showing BTRFS errors to trigger this. I was confused why I would have any issues, if one drive had a problem, wouldn't the second be able to keep things afloat?

So I tried stopping the array, this way i can add a spare SSD to pool devices and copy the cache drive contents, then possibly drop BTRFS for XFS and run a single cache drive with scheduled backups. Stopping the array was getting hung up on unmounting the cache drive. i tried manually unmounting, but no joy. So I rebooted into safe mode and now both SSDs are showing as unmountable with no file system.

For the love of god, please tell me there's a way to recover the cache drive contents. I've been running a mirrored cache pool solely for the peace of mind that i have redundancy, how could this be happening? What can i do?

image.png.3b1e524db5ff3518ebd0451757d7d05f.png

image.png.339c5d967f5b2f2f2fc4bce993e9151b.png

51 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Mirror is for redundancy, it won't help with filesystem corruption which is the problem here

for my new cache pool, would it make sense to run a single drive primary cache and schedule rsync on the entire drive to a secondary SSD pool, this way both drives are XFS, both drives have independent filesystems, and i could stop the array and hot swap the backup cache in case of failure. is this plausible or am i missing something?