iGPU to GPU Geforce GTX1650

Hi all,

A few years back I bought setup (attachment). I upgraded with m.2 SSD, and several HDD during the years.

I recently started transcoding with tdarr using the iGPU of the G5400 processor, which takes months to finalize

I was able to get a good price on the ASUS PH-GTX1650-O4GD6, 4 GB, which I intend to use for:

1. Transcoding my media library using tdarr
  2. Creating a few VM's so I need to able to get it working in the VM (e.g. Mac OS VM and windows 11)

What are the steps for installation for both purposes?

Here I read the following (

This Plugin is only necessary if you are planning to make use of your Nvidia graphics card inside Docker Containers.

If you only want to use your Nvidia graphics card for a VM then don't install this Plugin!

Both what If I want to use it for both??

Can I use tdarr while using the VM?

server.png

2 minutes ago, mvanhooff said:

Can I use tdarr while using the VM?

No.

2 minutes ago, mvanhooff said:

Both what If I want to use it for both??

This is not recommended, also why do you post here, that's what the support thread is for... ;)

You can however use the Nvidia card in a VM and if you shutdown the VM you can use it in a container, but keep in mind that this will only work if the card is not bound to VFIO.

But also be aware that if you forget to shutdown the VM while starting the container or vice versa this could lead to serious issues -> hard crashes from the server.

I close this thread now, please use the Nvidia support thread that you've linked if you got any further questions.

• ich777 locked this topic