[Solved] Used Space for Cache Drive - Conflicting Reporting and ghost files

eep

Edit: see my reply, ran defrag and space was re-allocated.

I am having the same problem others have had that I am linking to below, although there didn't seem to be a known solution. I tried invoking Mover, scrub, and Check Filesystem Status in maintenance mode and it found no errors. I have 60GB of files on the cache drive according to dolphin and the du command but 97GB is being used as reported by btrfs and the GUI. I suspect this is "ghost" files from Unraid crashing while files were open but how do I find/delete those?

root@Server:/mnt# du -sh /mnt/cachetwo
60G     /mnt/cachetwo
root@Server:/mnt# btrfs fi df -H /mnt/cachetwo
Data, RAID1: total=117.85GB, used=96.96GB
System, RAID1: total=33.55MB, used=16.38kB
Metadata, RAID1: total=2.15GB, used=437.42MB
GlobalReserve, single: total=256.61MB, used=0.00B

Edited by eep
resolved

Thanks for replying Jorge, while that didn't help it did motivate me to find a solution. I knew it had to be corruption form an unclean shutdown.

Ran defrag and it cleared up all the "unused" space.  BTW I was able to run defrag while my VM and dockers were live!

btrfs filesystem defragment -rvf /mnt/cachetwo

See discussion below, this seems like a big issue with BTRFS, I hope there is an alternative soon for RAID1 cache. Luckily, Unraid does not use snapshots by default so no issues with defrag adding used space.

• eep changed the title to [Solved] Used Space for Cache Drive - Conflicting Reporting and ghost files