NIC’s are disabled on reboot, won’t pull an IP regardless

Unraid OS 6.9.2

My server has 2 NICs built into the motherboard.  A week or two ago, I decided to plug both into my switch on the off-chance one of the cables went bad.  This is when it went off the rails.  It was giving me odd problems afterwards like losing connectivity for a brief moment.  Instead of just unplugging the extra network cable, I went into the interface settings, and turned ‘Enable bonding’ to no.  After that, it came up with the Unraid logo like it does with any change, but it never went away.  It didn’t appear on my network at all, so I grabbed a monitor and keyboard to try to see what I could do.  I wasn’t expecting the GUI, I was expecting a command line login.  But there was nothing.  I checked both the Integrated graphic HDMI port as well as the discrete GPU HDMI port.  The last thing I wanted to do was cut the power, but after hours of this, that’s all I could do.  I figured that with hours of no connectivity, the hard drives would have spun down anyway, so I finally cut the power.

When I rebooted it, I went back to my laptop expecting to get in relatively soon, but again nothing.  It never showed up on my network, so again I went to the connected monitor only to find the same blank screen.  Giving it enough time to make sure the drives were spun down, I reset it again, and this time kept the monitor on it.  It booted just fine, but at the end it listed br0 and br1 as missing or down (I forget which).  Thinking this was going to be easy, I brought them up with ifconfig eth0 up and eth1 up.  They came up just fine, but still wouldn’t pull an IP.

Thinking that since they were up now, I rebooted again, only to see the NICs were disabled again.  I re-enabled them and manually pulled an IP because it wouldn’t pull one from my DHCP server.  Thinking I would just leave it like this until I had more time, I left it up as it was on the network and working.  That was a week or two ago.

Then tonight, I was needing to look in on one of my Docker containers only to see that it had no WebUI option.  None of my Docker containers had the WebUI option that they had almost all used to have.  Before posting on here about that missing WebUI issue, I went to the Main tab and did a clean reboot.  It never came back up.  Going over to the monitor connected to it, I was met with a blank screen again.  It was plugged into a KVM switch, and I guess it never shows anything unless the monitor is active at boot?

Anyway, I left it alone letting it have enough time to spin down while I looked at my network.  Sure enough, it wasn’t there.  After enough time, I rebooted it and again the NICs were disabled.  Enabled them, but still will not pull an IP.  The NICs are fine, booting a LiveUSB pulls an IP just fine.

Obviously I messed something up with I tried to put that other cable in for redundancy, but I don’t know what.  I have tried this with both cables and with just the original.  Does not matter, when it reboots, it’s the same issue.  I know I could just manually give it an IP and go with it, and I might not have to reboot it for months, but at some point I’m going to have to (it’s rare to go 3 months here without a hours long power outage).  I need to fix whatever I broke.

Any idea?

Thanks