Slow parity check speed and some hardware issues.

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

During coping data from my Unraid server to an external harddrive the Unraid server froze up. Did restart it and now parity check running speed is between 0 - 3 MB/sec where it normally is 100 - 130 MB/sec or more. Did run the disk speed check docker and all disk looks OK with regard to speed versus place at harddrive. All in the 120 - 150 MB/sec as I did expect. Did run SMART quick test at all my harddrives and all ended with "no errors to report". In the log file I see this;

ata3: SATA link up 1.5 Gbps (SStatus 113 SControl 310)                                                             
ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.SPT2._GTF.DSSP], AE_NOT_FOUND (20200925/psargs-330)
ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB.PCI0.SAT0.SPT2._GTF due to previous error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20200925/psparse-529)   
ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PCI0.SAT0.SPT2._GTF.DSSP], AE_NOT_FOUND (20200925/psargs-330)
ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB.PCI0.SAT0.SPT2._GTF due to previous error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20200925/psparse-529)   

I can write data to the Unraid server at ~113 MB/sec as usual (it has cache drives). I can read data from the Unraid server at normal speed. 

... but as soon as I start parity check then it only runs at 0 - 3 MB/sec and will last for 10 - 40 days where it normally takes ~8 hours. 

Have added the diagnostics file. Please help as I cannot figure out what is wrong. Any help is highly appreciated.

svgmain-diagnostics-20220320-1914.zip

Did replace the sata cables and reattached the power cabels ..... and I "hate" to say you are right as I feel like a fool. Now parity check  runs at 130 - 160 MB/sec speed as normal. Was there anything in the diagnostic files that indicated bad sata cables or power cables ?

thx a lot for the advice and 1000 thumbs up from me to you.