Parity check unrealistically quick

Currently my weekly parity checks of a 10 TB parity disk with 3x 8TB HDD finishes within 40 minutes with an average speed of 4.3 GB/sec. This seems unrealistically quick for spinning hard drives. 

Is my assumption correct and how could I solve this problem.

I'm using unraid: 6.9.2 and the current latest version of Parity Check Tuning and a bunch of other plugins that are probably not related to the problem.

1 hour ago, NielsterHeijden said:

I'm using unraid: 6.9.2 and the current latest version of Parity Check Tuning and a bunch of other plugins that are probably not related to the problem.

It is a known issue that if you are running the check in increments then the built in Unraid notification gets the time and speed wrong as it assumes the last increment did the whole check.  However the notification from Parity Check Tuning should give the correct answer and the parity History file should be patched to reflect the correct values as well. 

If the plugin is also giving the wrong values then please mention this as then I then need to ask for some diagnostic information to work out why.   In particular I am would initially be interested in the 'parity.check.tuning.progress.save' file from the plugins folder on the flash.

1 hour ago, NielsterHeijden said:

@itimpi Thanks for the response. The Parity Check Tuning History provides more realistic check durations of 18hr and change. Done is 2 increments. So everything seems to be fine and as you said the notification is wrong. 

It's good to know all my data is still protected correctly

The 6.10.0-rc4 release now gets it correct for scheduled checks, but still gets it wrong for Manual or automatic checks.   As a result I have left in place the code in the plugin that calculates these figures correctly regardless of the type of check or whether increments were run.