Dell R610 with PERC 6i raid controller.

Hi all,

I am new here and for what I have been reading may be reviving an old topic but need to ask for your help if at all possible in order to be able to understand what I need and be able to get Unraid running on the r610.

This R610 has the 6i raid controller for what I can tell installing Unraid on this will not work as am not able to create individual VD for each disk on a raid 0 so that Unraid can see them as individual drives and do its thing, I thought about getting and H200 IT flashed controller (for what i have read this should work) in order to connects the drives to and it seems as if that would help with the installation of Unraid.

My main concern and what I dont understand is how to power the drives, the H200 can cover the SATA end of the deal but currently the power is provided by the backplane on the server if I am thinking of this correctly I would have to get rid of the backplane in order to connect the SATA cables directly to the drives and if this is the case I would be removing the power by doing so.

I would like to know if by using the H200 the R610 can be converted to work with unraid and if that is the case would be great if you can give me some guidance as to where to turn in order to get some instructions to make it happen.

As you can see I am new here as I mentioned before and also very green at this, any help will be greatly appreciated and apologize if you are all tired of covering this subject.