Hp 310e Gen8 V2 NVMe problem

Hi All, 

New to unraid and have made good progress .. slowly 🙂

I have a HP 310e with 4 drives installed and running with a 240gb older ssd (cache) fitted to a 3gb/s port on the motherboard. I'd like to upgrade the cache drive to something better so purchased a Samsung 980 and PCIe m.2 card , however Unraid doesn't show it installed. I've booted the PC into a utility USB and ran HWInfo and it showed the drive fully working so I'm looking at a problem with the unraid configuration but don't really know where to start.

I've also tested the Card/drive in another windows 10 PC and its fine.

These are items purchased.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FN3YZ8P/ref=pe_27063361_485629781_TE_item

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08TJ2649W/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_dp_1?th=1

I've included the diagnostics, if someone is able to help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Smurf

server-diagnostics-20220405-0649.zip

Apr  5 07:47:21 Server kernel: nvme nvme0: I/O 13 QID 0 timeout, disable controller
Apr  5 07:47:21 Server kernel: nvme nvme0: Device shutdown incomplete; abort shutdown
Apr  5 07:47:21 Server kernel: nvme nvme0: failed to set host mem (err -4, flags 0x1).
Apr  5 07:47:21 Server kernel: nvme nvme0: Removing after probe failure status: -4
Apr  5 07:47:21 Server kernel: nvme nvme0: failed to set APST feature (-19)

NVMe device failed to initialize, try it in a different PCIe slot if available, or with a different device.

• Like 1

Thanks Jorge,

Tried all available slots and still no joy, popped in a Samsung 256 GB NVMe module and it worked .. very strange, tried the Samsung 980 1 TB again and no joy.

Can you recommend another drive and I'll return it for a swap , I believe the 980 doesn't have dram so perhaps thats the difference.

Cheers