Question about Verbatim Clip-it 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive

Johnm

I recently picked up a Verbatim Clip-it 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive for free. I had thought oh cool i can keep some important data in my wallet clipped in the credit card slot. Or, if i am at a buddies or  work and want to bring an some data home.

Well,  i used the drive maybe twice in the 3 months i had it. this thing is so tiny i'm sure i am gonna loose it.

The question is, has anyone tried using it for an unraid drive?

I have no clue how stable this thing would be in full time use and  in general i have had issues with verbatim items in the past.

I am not sure if i want to tie a key to it and have it crap out (or loose it) or just perform poorly

I recently picked up a Verbatim Clip-it 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive for free. I had thought oh cool i can keep some important data in my wallet clipped in the credit card slot. Or, if i am at a buddies or  work and want to bring an some data home.

Well,  i used the drive maybe twice in the 3 months i had it. this thing is so tiny i'm sure i am gonna loose it.

The question is, has anyone tried using it for an unraid drive?

I have no clue how stable this thing would be in full time use and  in general i have had issues with verbatim items in the past.

I am not sure if i want to tie a key to it and have it crap out (or loose it) or just perform poorly

It is the drive that we use in our builds at GreenLeaf (see my sig).  We use to use the Verbatim Tuff-n-tiny, but those seem to be on there way out and have gotten more expensive.  I have set up a couple of the Clip-it drives for use with unRAID and they have worked pretty well.

Archived