is it possible to remove drives from array when changing hardware (chassi+mainboard+cpu)

Hello 

I have watched some tutorials on youtube on how to remove drives from array, and i have moved all data from the drives to other in the array.

the next step in the tutorial is to create a new config for the new array assign the disk with data and let unraid make a new parity, my question is if i can move only the drives with data to the new server and usb stick , and make a new config on the new server so i dont have to wait for the parity rebuild on the old server.. the old server has 36 slots , and iam currently using 25 disk + parity, the new chassi only have 24 slots and iam going to use 16 disks + parity to start with...

/Mdarkice

Hello JonathanM , thx for the quick answer , but i assign the disks with data from the old server in the same order they where? and chose to keep the data on them in the new config? just removing the empty disks ive moved everything from the disks 17-25 to 1-16 so 17-25 is empty now.

/Mdarkice