Completely lost after 6.10 upgrade

Hi all,

I am completely lost. I just upgraded my system that has been running for months on 6.9.2. And I feel like I've lost all my data.

My configuration: HP Microserver Gen 8 with 4 mechanical disks configured in XFS array (3+1) and 2 SSD disks in cache (BTRFS).

After the upgrade, I had problems with the cache. The pool was completely corrupted. I was forced to format and restore a backup of my appdata which hosts my docker containers.

Afterwards I had a lot of input/output errors and doing xfs_repair on my mechanical disks there are errors everywhere. Pages and pages of errors. One of my disks appears almost empty when it was half full.

I don't know what to do anymore to try to get out of it. Can you help me?

server-diagnostics-20220520-1947.zip

Edited by denisvic

Now when I try to repair my unmount drives, I have this error Phase 1 - find and verify superblock... - reporting progress in intervals of 15 minutes Superblock has unknown compat/rocompat/incompat features (0x0/0x0/0x10). Using a more recent xfs_repair is recommended. Found unsupported filesystem features. Exiting now.

The best way to try and recover some data might be a file recovery tool like UFS explorer or similar, I'm afraid that xfs_repair might just move almost everything to lost and found, I would try that last, or on a cloned disk.

9 hours ago, denisvic said:

Using a more recent xfs_repair is recommended.

If that's needed you could boot with a v6.10 Unraid flash on a different PC if you have one available, trial key will do, until we find what's causing the issues with the gen8 Microserver don't run v6.10 there.