Disabled device throws I/O error during re-build

Hi,

While copying new data to my array, one of the drives became disabled.

Looking at the logs, I saw multiple "I/O error". See the Diagnostics file attached.

After stopping the array and starting it again Unraid mounted the drive but did not re-enable it. Also no I/O errors right after mounting starting the array.

So I decided to follow the guide of rebuilding the device to itself, because with the help of the parity drive, all data were there.

However, just after 0.3% of progress, I got the same I/O errors again and the re-build process stopped.

Do you have any further advises how to proceed? Is the device defect? Do I need to perform any other steps before adding back the device?

Thanks,

MiNe

zentrale-diagnostics-20220528-1036.zip

After a reboot of the system and checking the cables of the disk, I'm able to read out SMART and see these errors.

I guess, this doesn't look good for the drive...

1692909697_Screenshotfrom2022-05-2811-06-23.thumb.png.292cf471887fd14430c8ded7e7fac75a.png

The UDMA CRC errors are there since long time already, but "Current pending sector" and "Offline uncorrectable" are new.

Edited by mine