NICs gone after upgrade

Good morning, looking for some assistance.  I upgraded top the newest release this morning and my machine came back up missing the NICS.  

netxtreme bcm5764m gigabit ethernet pcie

"lshw -class network" shows the NICs as unclaimed.  can anyone assist?  No hardware changes, just the most recent update (just a small revision jump as I was on the latest release prior to this upgrade.

Thanks for the reply and the catch.  disabling VT-d in bios brought me back up but now I need to figure out what to do.  I have VMs running on this that I need for production so disabling VT-d leaves me non functional.  I wasn't having any issues since going to 6.10 so I'm wondering if it is safe to bypass the blacklist.

No corruption detected by btrfs so far, and when there's a problem it's usually quick to detect some, so if you ran other v6.10.x release for more than a day I would think it should be fine to enable vt-d, just monitor the log for the iommu error described in the post linked above, if you don't see that after a few hours use with vt-d enabled it's another indication you should be fine.

On 5/30/2022 at 11:31 AM, JorgeB said:

No corruption detected by btrfs so far, and when there's a problem it's usually quick to detect some, so if you ran other v6.10.x release for more than a day I would think it should be fine to enable vt-d, just monitor the log for the iommu error described in the post linked above, if you don't see that after a few hours use with vt-d enabled it's another indication you should be fine.

Been running solid since Monday with no errors thus far.

• Like 1