Help building a new server

y2kindyz

I have had a unraid server that was working great for many years and I have 12 drives and close to 20 TB of info. In 2019 i started having some issues with system stability. I thought it was due to the old intel S3000AH server motherboard. So i attempted to replace the motherboard with a newer motherboard that I had used. Needless to say. I never got the server to work again. I have a server case with 15 drive bays. 

What options do I have to get my server going again. Are there any recommended motherboards I can use?  Or is there a way to get a newer computer install unraid and connect all my drives. 

thanks in advance,

oscar

edit:

the motherboard that I tried was a DZ68BC. Reason I could not get it to work was it would not boot from the USB drive and I was not able to change the boot settings. I am assuming the CPU and ram could work in another MB. 

Edited by y2kindyz
Additional info
20 minutes ago, y2kindyz said:

I should be able to use the cpu and memory from non working DZ68BC motherboard and make it work correct?

In this link is the list of CPUs support by the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H.  I don't see the Xeon 3060 on that list if that is the CPU to which you are referring.  The Xeon 3060 (as listed in your signature) is a socket 775 CPU not socket 1155 which is what the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H supports.  However, the Intel DZ68BC is also a socket 1155 motherboard so it is unclear which CPU you wish to use in a different motherboard.

23 hours ago, Hoopster said:

In this link is the list of CPUs support by the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H.  I don't see the Xeon 3060 on that list if that is the CPU to which you are referring.  The Xeon 3060 (as listed in your signature) is a socket 775 CPU not socket 1155 which is what the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H supports.  However, the Intel DZ68BC is also a socket 1155 motherboard so it is unclear which CPU you wish to use in a different motherboard.

Thanks Hoopster, yes I was planning on using the CPU and memory out of the DZ Motherboard. The Xeon 3060 is out of the original unraid server with the S3000AH intel motherboard. It  started giving me issues which prompted me to try the DZ68BC motherboard. 

thanks for your help. I will order the gigabyte MB. Will probably be back asking more questions about setting up my drives once I get unraid going again. 

many thanks.