No network after upgrading to 6.10.2

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Greetings,

I have a Dell PowerEdge T320 with 2 Broadcom NICs, and I am not able to get any network activity after installing 6.10.2. The server boots fine and shows me the IP address, but I am not able to ping the server or out from it. I have read the announcement thread with the workaround to disable VT-D, but that didn't help. I disabled virtualization entirely and I still have the same issue. 

My server also has a 4 port Intel NIC that I was using to test pfSense, but I'm not doing that anymore. I moved the network cable to the Intel NIC and booted the server up. I confirmed the NIC had a link light during the boot-up sequence, but the LED turned off sometime during the Unraid boot. I can't even get the sever to boot up in GUI mode unless I do safe mode. But I still can't get any network activity with either the old NIC or the new one. 

I want to rollback the update, but when I downloaded my most recent backup using the "My Servers" section of the forum, it appeared to be the 6.10.2 version, not 6.10.1. What can I do?

• 4 months later...

Sorry to necro a thread, but I'm still on 6.9.2 - I'm only using it as a SMB file server so it is still suiting me fine, but I do like to stay up to date. Does anyone know if extra steps are still necessary in the current version (6.11.1)? Was this ever fixed? I did attempt to update to 6.10.2 when it was new and got the message that it couldn't find ETH0 (I believe that was it), as described here and just restored my backup, figuring it would eventually be addressed.

Edited by Hastor