[SOLVED] Can't access unraid from local network

I tried moving my unraid server to new hardware and backed up, kept the same drives but immediately had network issues and I could not connect to the server and sometimes even lost webgui access from unraid itself ie. couldn't connect to localhost.

I moved the drives back to the original hardware but now i'm still having network issues. Sometimes unraid says ethernet is down and there is no light on the network port.

Currently:

Drive on original hardware that was working

I have set a static ip. The router sees unraid however this time it isn't showing the hostname.

I can ping unraid from my pc and unraid can ping my router and my windows pc. I can access apps and the web from unraid.

I have tailscale as a docker container, with unraid as an exit node I can access unraid from my phone but not from windows which also has tailscale and unraid set as an exit node. There must be a setting I'm missing somewhere.

Didn't change anything and 10 minutes later I can't access unraid from my phone anymore.

I can't access unraid from my windows pc or ssh or interact with unraid in any way.

I have no idea what to do other that setup a new flash, drive copy my key over and start fresh which I would rather not test as i'll inevitably screw it up and lose my data.

Edited by Findthelorax

Ok,I upgraded to v6.10.2 stable and deleted network.cfg. After rebooting the network settings are still about the same, I can access unraid from my phone but still can't from my windows pc. Windows can ping unraid and unraid can ping windows. Hopefully I can figure this out today. Thank you for any guidance.

I'm using the IP, also lost access on my phone seems I just had it for a bit. Not sure what's going on at this point. I'm going to test a fresh version on unraid and maybe reset my router.

Update:

I reset my router and was able to connect to unraid from my windows pc and my phone. I then set unraid a static ip through my router. After rebooting my unraid can not display webgui (cant connect to local host.) I removed the static ip setting im my router and rebooted unraid but still cant connect to local host.

Removed network.cfg and network-rules.cfg and I can access unraid again from windows pc and phone... Now what is the best method to set unraid a static IP as both methods seem to break the network for me.

I set a static IP in unraid instead of through my router and it seems to be working now. It must have been an issue with my router. Thank you JorgeB for responding.

I still have access but found in unraid's routing table it made entries that I never input. Any information on these?

default route to 192.168.1.1

172.17.0.0 to docker0

172.18.0.0 to br-9d9485fd7f07

172.31.200.0/24 to br-dd2581b77b2f

in overseer I can see 6 plex server options one on each ip and 172 address

6/3 10:30 lost access again randomly, rebooted server and again can't access webgui from the server (no localhost access)

second reboot, I can see the server in my router devices then within a minute it disappears

Moving the ethernet cable to between ports allows unraid to showup on router devices for a minute. Still no access again.

Deleted network.cfg and network-rules.cfg. Unraid rebooted and receives local 169 address - no access

rebooted router again and deleted network & -rules.cfg - Yes Access (we will see how long it lasts.)

6/4 2:00 installed dupeguru and after it said completed successfully I lost access again. Server dropped from router then reconnected.

Ping:

Pinging 192.168.1.13 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Reply from 192.168.1.2: Destination host unreachable.
Request timed out.
Reply from 192.168.1.2: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.13:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),

dupeguru removed - unraid rebooted - no access

unraid was visible from my router then disappeared again

stopped and started docker - unraid has internet access but can't access from windows pc

rebooted router - got access back. marking as solved...must be the router having issues when unraid sets a veth address for containers

Edited by Findthelorax
solved
  • Findthelorax changed the title to [SOLVED] Can't access unraid from local network