Diagnosing performance issues: idiot's guide?

I'm trying to find out what is causing recent performance issues with my server. Over the past couple of months I've noticed increasingly frequent hiccups in performance. Typically this is during video playback of a file via SMB/VLC on the network, but has also been when opening/navigating SMB shares via Windows PC on the network. When this happens I check the unRaid Dashboard and notice CPU cores bouncing from 70-80% and spiking at 100%. There is no other activity from the server at this time (i.e. remote Plex plays initiating or transcoding).

Now I'm at a loss as to the best way to pinpoint what container/process/service is causing the hit to the CPU. I have a few utility dashboard containers installed, but honestly I am not knowledgeable enough to interpret these and don't know what I'm looking for. I also have SolarWinds Kiwi on my Windows PC and just configured remote Syslog server in unRaid. But again, I'm not familiar at all with this so I don't know what to look for in the syslogs or what filters to set up in Kiwi to track performance long term.

My question is: what is the easiest method to identify what is drawing so much utilization from the CPU and RAM? Is there a newb-friendly container or application I can run? What's the best way for me to go about this?