Cache Cleanup Feature

A button to clean up the cache drive and move stuff where it was supposed to go before you changed the cache drive.

It may already do something like this but it seems to me that if I change the cache drive before the mover has moved everything it just leaves the files that have not been moved where they are.

1 hour ago, Windlasher said:

A button to clean up the cache drive and move stuff where it was supposed to go before you changed the cache drive.

It may already do something like this but it seems to me that if I change the cache drive before the mover has moved everything it just leaves the files that have not been moved where they are.

I am confused as to exactly what you are asking for.   If you have changed the cache drive then the files on it are no longer available to be moved/cleaned up.

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

I am confused as to exactly what you are asking for.   If you have changed the cache drive then the files on it are no longer available to be moved/cleaned up.

Yes: Thats what I mean. Im just monkeying around on a new server right now, but it seems that if I copy files to a share using a cache drive, then I change the cache drive for that share to a different one before the mover has moved them, they just stay there on the old cache drive.

I think in my case, I did the following: I was trying to compare write speeds HD vs SSD.

copy files to a share using an HD cache drive using krusader

stopped server to add an SSD (before the move was completed)

changed the cache drive for that same share to the SSD.

When I started the server and invoked the mover, the files never moved from the old cache drive.

I could go into Krusader and copy them again and it did so using the new SSD cache but the other files were left on the old HD cache.

1 minute ago, Windlasher said:

Yes: Thats what I mean. Im just monkeying around on a new server right now, but it seems that if I copy files to a share using a cache drive, then I change the cache drive for that share to a different one before the mover has moved them, they just stay there on the old cache drive.

I think in my case, I did the following: I was trying to compare write speeds HD vs SSD.

copy files to a share using an HD cache drive using krusader

stopped server to add an SSD (before the move was completed)

changed the cache drive for that same share to the SSD.

When I started the server and invoked the mover, the files never moved from the old cache drive.

I could go into Krusader and copy them again and it did so using the new SSD cache but the other files were left on the old HD cache.

This confused me because I assumed the files would be moved to the final destination once the server started again even though the cache drive had changed which is whay I suggessted a clean-up option. If I had not been paying attention I would have not copied the files again assuming that they had already been moved.

What you are in effect asking is for a facility for mover to move files between pools which to be honest I do not see being likely to happen as it would probably break some Use Cases that work because of the current behaviour.

To achieve what you want you either need to manually move files between the pools,  or first use mover to get the files off the original pool onto the array and later set it to move files from the array to the new pool.