Transcode HEVC main 10 to HEVC main using qsv [Sort of solved]

Dr_Otter

I'm trying to convert my HEVC main 10 mkv files to HEVC main mkv files while making use of qsv.

I've tried using unmanic but it both

1. Doesn't have a good way of only selecting HEVC main 10 files (and not for example an h264 file)
  2. Refuses to do HEVC main 10  HEVC main using the "Video Encoder H265/HEVC - hevc_qsv (Intel)" plugin because it already is in h265 (or atleast for me it didn't find a task with "rescan library now")

I wouldn't really mind using FFmpeg on command line but

1. it's very overwhelming in settings and the fact that flags aren't consistent across different file formats and/ore conversion methods makes this kind of a nightmare for me.
  2. Plus the very obvious problem that Unraid has no nice way of using FFmpeg commands.

Is there any way to do this seemingly very simple task without jumping through massive hoops?

My system runs on a j3455m I have confirmed it should be able to use qsv for both the decoding and encoding part and obviously it's gonna take ages using software transcoding

Haven't found a good alterative for FFmpeg in command line, but I've found my issue with FFmpeg for some reason assuming -c:v hevc_qsv means it should transcode in 10bit and that's why it was not working.

So rn I'm using FFmpeg within unmanic like this

ffmpeg -hwaccel qsv -i in.mkv -c:v hevc_qsc -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset slow -rc vbr out.mkv

Stil would prefer a more automated way to do this but it works I guess

Edited by Dr_Otter
  • Dr_Otter changed the title to Transcode HEVC main 10 to HEVC main using qsv [Sort of solved]