[6.10.3] Cache SSDs "overheating?" issue

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

This is my first post here and I'm loving unraid so far. Coming from Synology DSM and having recently upgraded to a self-built server.

There has been one issue though; both my cache SSDs seem to often be spiking to 84°C, only to go back to normal temperatures minutes or even seconds after. It's always a spike too, they don't gradually get hotter or colder. This even happens when they are not being written to / read from. This seems like a false positive to me, only I can't figure out what's causing it. I carefully touched one of the SSDs while it was supposedly overheating and the temps felt perfectly normal.

I tried several reboots and looking through bios options but that doesn't fix anything. I could put heatsinks on the SSDs but I doubt that's going to fix anything.

Is this perhaps a known issue? Is there a known fix? I'd appreciate any help with this!

I've attached some screenshots with more info. (specs, notifications, motherboard, ...)

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-24 112055.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-24 112313.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-24 112329.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-24 112410.jpg

23 minutes ago, itimpi said:

This is a known issue with Samsung SSDs.   I believe that the 84C message is spurious, but what actually triggers it I have no idea.

Alright, good to know that it's a known issue. As long as it's spurious, it's just a minor annoyance and not a problem. Hope there will be a fix for it at some point.
Thanks for the response!