unRAID cache drive with CouchPotato Renaming

simpic

Hi,

I have a cache drive set up on my build which will move the files downloaded from SAB to the array apart from SickBeard TV Shows which are moved with the Post Processing script.

CP has the ability to move the downloaded movie file from the SAB downloaded folder /mnt/cache to the correct location in the array and rename the folder and file as I wish.

Is this ok to do or will the mover script get it's knickers in a twist?

Anyone else using this setup?

Regards,

Simpic

First of all, you seem to be confused about how the cache drive works. All the cache feature does is saving all the files you write to your array (using user shares - writing to the disks directly updates the parity) on the cache drive. The files show up as part of the array because user share regroups them, but they are actually not parity protected. This is where the mover script comes in: every night it will move the files from the cache drive to the protected array, thus protecting them against drive failure.

So unless you disabled the cache feature for your TV shows share, the mover script is moving SB tv shows as well. The mover script moves everything on the cache drive that is not preceded by a ".".

So as long as you have SAB, SB and CP set to move the final result to a "mnt/Usershare/" and enabled the cache feature for that user share and all temporary actions (repairing/unpacking/renaming) on the files are done in a folder preceded by a "." on the cache drive, the mover script will have no trouble.

I'm using this setup.

So unless you disabled the cache feature for your TV shows share, the mover script is moving SB tv shows as well. The mover script moves everything on the cache drive that is not preceded by a ".".

More accurately,  the mover ignores top level folders whose name starts with a "." and anything in them.  It does not ignore lower level folders whose name starts with a "."

So

/mnt/cache/.not_moved        = a folder that is ignored

/mnt/cache/music/.not_moved  = a folder that WILL be moved, since it is not a top level folder.

Archived