TWO ARRAY DRIVES "MOVED" TO UNASSIGNED DEVICES

Howdy, I had an issue where I could not access a bunch of folders (not a permissions issue, OS just kept spinning and folder would never open).  Ran a parity check and all was fine, rebooted the machine and now two of my array drives are listed at 'unassigned.'  I only have single drive parity and I'm trying to recover data. Not sure the best way to go about this?  I've switched out HBAs and plugged drives directly into board.  They still show up as 'unassigned.' I've attached a diagnostics file.  any help is appreciated.  thanks.  Scott

array_01.png

array_02.png

unraid-diagnostics-20220704-0743.zip

Both disks are reporting a problem, though SMART looks healthy, they are connected to a controller with a SATA port multiplier, and it's a Marvell, two things that can cause issues on their own, worse when they are together, connect those 2 disks and disks 2, 5 and 7 (the other ones connected to the port multiplier) to the Intel SATA ports which are not being used and post new diags.

Thanks for the quick reply.  A couple of points of interest.  I only used the SATA port multiplier to rule out my HBA.  I have been using a LSI 9211-8i P20 (IT Mode) for over a year and it has worked perfectly. Also, is was this HBA that the drives were connected to when the issue occurred.  I have re-connected the HBA and attached 4 drives, and connected the other 4 drives (including the two that fell off the array) to the MOBO intel Z77 SATA ports.  Issue still persist.  Diagnostics file with this configuration is attached.  Also, I have an old linux box and the drives that are now 'unassigned' are recognized by linux but will not mount. thanks again.  Scott

unraid-diagnostics-20220704-1221.zip

Edited by compund_soil

Thanks.  I'll try that.  They were both manufactured and purchased on the same day, which seems like maybe more than coincidence.  They are still under warranty if extended SMART fails. At this point is my only real solution to wipe the array and start over? I am well backed up, but I have 60TB of data and this will be painful. I am trying to crash this plane into the ground as gently as possible.  Guess I'll use dual drive redundancy moving forward.