(Solved)Unraid server goes unresponsive doesnt shut down but cant connect and nothing on display

I had everything setup and running for a two weeks without a hiccup but for the past week my server goes unresponsive. Usually after it hasn't been used for a while. One time while trying to trouble shoot it happened multiple times and by the time I corrected my syslog server configuration issue that would allow me to retrieve the log it didn't have an issue for a few more days. Woke up early today and unresponsive but still powered on like usual.. I force restarted it with the power button and I downloaded the syslog.  I'm hoping someone here can help with that info as I'm not sure what to check and I don't see anything too crazy that I understand in the log.

I have run the memtest98+ for 10 passes with no errors.  My system is quite old so this took almost 2 days While I was relieved with this outcome I almost had hoped it to be a memory issue.

I Attached my syslog.. I only noticed while trying to read it that my server was set to the wrong time zone I'm not sure if that is what the log was reporting but i have now resolved that.  I couldn't figure out in the log where the freeze happened.

syslog-192.168.1.211.log

Edited by robotdog

I Will also note after this last post the server went unresponsive again. While pulling things apart I noticed the front 200mm fan in my case had stopped operating. I Just added a new intake 140mm fan to the side and manually spun the 200mm which got it going though it is clicking so its on its way out.. I don't have another of the same size to replace at the moment But If I don't get another lock up this might have just been an overheating issue.

Is there a way to confirm that in the diagnostics or logs?

I attached the diagnostics zip anyhow just in case.

tower-diagnostics-20220710-0742.zip

Edited by robotdog
  • robotdog changed the title to (Solved)Unraid server goes unresponsive doesnt shut down but cant connect and nothing on display