Pool devices btrfs issues - Please help

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi,

I am using unraid for some years and I am very happy since them.

Today I got a pool devices error and I am afraid to loose all my important data.

My array is working well.

I went to this issue when i unconect one disk of my 500 GB because since I conected it from the firt time it is not shown on unassign devices. This disk never was on a poll device or on array. Maybe it is defective because it is an old disk. Before this alteration my unrai was work well, but after remove that disk and boot, this issue appeared.

At the same time I inserted a lan card to an pcie x4 slot. But when i remove again the issue persists. When I reconect the problematic 500 GB disk this problem persists.

This system has two LSI 9207-8i 6Gbs SAS HBA P20 (TI mode), but I think this is not an hardware problem because the array disks are working. This LSI are working fine for a long time, without any problem. The APP SSD's are conected directly to the mainboard and has the same issue, because are in a pool device.

Please see my diagnostic file and the print of my Main.

I didn't find a similar error and for that reason I opened this topic.

If more information is needed please ask.

diagnostic.txt Main.pdf

Edited by João Matias
  • Solution

This can happen when there's a single btrfs array device, like disk2, parity will have an invalid btrfs filesystem that conflicts with the pools, this will be supported in the future but for now best solution is to format it xfs like the remaining disks, if for some reason you really want just that disk with btrfs use btrfs encrypted.

Hi Jorge

Thank you for your reply and help!

I took a screenshot of my Main webui, with the order and identification of each disk. I used the tool "New config"  from Unraid WebUI only for the array, and I preserved the Pools. This alteration was based on those tutorial https://wiki.unraid.net/Shrink_array. I removed and formated the disk2 and the parity disk. The other disks on the array were reinserted at the same order.

When I started the array and pool, the issue was solved. Now the system is rebulding the parity. My data files are intact with no losses. 

A big thank you for your support and information about future developments for this issue.

• Like 1