mixing ram and graphics card?

I was given some slow 4gb ddr3 ram.    I currently am using 16GB (2x8gb) ddr3 ram (this was my old gaming computer, don't remember the speed, but likely better than the 4gb modules I got for free).  Current Idle use as I look is 25%.  Is more ram worth it? or 16GB would be more stable/faster.

2nd Question.

Currently without a graphics card installed, as I was using the 2500k without any passthrough.  is it worth putting something old inside?  I think I have a 4300 or a 7450 or a 8800 gt 512

Last Question... Is it possible to run a windows VM without an additional graphics card?  and view the vm through a web browser (like remote desktop or something better...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2022 at 7:51 PM, johnnyfive said:

I was given some slow 4gb ddr3 ram.    I currently am using 16GB (2x8gb) ddr3 ram (this was my old gaming computer, don't remember the speed, but likely better than the 4gb modules I got for free).  Current Idle use as I look is 25%.  Is more ram worth it? or 16GB would be more stable/faster.

To clarify you have 16GB of each (4x4gb vs 2x8gb)? And you're using 25% of the 16GB? 

2nd Question.

Currently without a graphics card installed, as I was using the 2500k without any passthrough.  is it worth putting something old inside?  I think I have a 4300 or a 7450 or a 8800 gt 512

Those graphics cards are older than the CPU (by a lot in some cases) IMO I wouldn't use them. 

Last Question... Is it possible to run a windows VM without an additional graphics card?  and view the vm through a web browser (like remote desktop or something better...

I'm not to familiar with Virtualization in unRAID as I'm trying to get that started up myself. But I did notice that some Virtualization is not compatible with your CPU:

http://ark.intel.com/products/52210

It seems VT-d (needed for PCIe passthrough) is not supported but general virtualization (VT-x) is.

Spaceinvader One has some great videos about doing VMs. This one is a little old but you can see if that gets you to where you want.