Manually updating to 6.9.2 from 6.8.3

The auto updater now only lists 6.10 versions. But I'd like to move to 6.9.2 since I'm not ready to go to 6.10 yet. Is there a simple way to update to 6.9? I have the downloaded zip of the installer for this version.

I've heard I'll just need to install 6.9 over the top of my 6.8.3 flash drive (probably clearing the drive first?) and then copy in the /config folder.

It seems like I'll also need to update sys_linux.cfg for my vfio binds. Is there anything else?

33 minutes ago, scorcho99 said:

So I used a test USB to try this out.

A test USB flash drive?... I've always been under the impression that you could only have one working flash drive; no testing/backup flash drive whatsoever.

Perhaps, I'm missing something; like you have two licenses (duh 8^).

MrGrey.

10 hours ago, MrGrey said:

A test USB flash drive?... I've always been under the impression that you could only have one working flash drive; no testing/backup flash drive whatsoever.

You can't start the array without a valid license. You can boot Unraid, go into settings, do all kinds of testing without starting the array. You can apply for a trial license if you want to start the array, or if you want to permanently transfer your license to a new USB  you can put your valid license file on the new stick and it will walk you through an automated transfer if you haven't done a transfer in the prior year.

There are plenty of things to test without transferring a license, primary is the ability to boot up completely into the GUI.

On 7/17/2022 at 12:30 AM, MrGrey said:

Perhaps, I'm missing something; like you have two licenses (duh 8^).

MrGrey.

Oh you aren't missing anything. I just used an old flash drive with the trial to build up a separate install that I could do a dry run.

Unfortunately some "mission critical" tasks (kids watching netflix) are handled by my unraid server so I try to avoid downtime with testing.