Not seeing Intel p3605 PCIe SSD as storage device

I recently added a Intel Data Center p3605 PCIe SSD to my unRaid server.

I can see the device under Tools > System Devices > PCI Devices and IOMMU Groups > IOMMU group 15: [8086:0953] 04:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Intel Corporation PCIe Data Center SSD (rev 01)

I want to make it a Cache device, but I'm not seeing it under Main > unassigned devices.

Any thoughts?

tower-diagnostics-20220801-1444.zip

Aug  1 14:00:07 Tower kernel: nvme nvme1: Device not ready; aborting initialisation, CSTS=0x0
Aug  1 14:00:07 Tower kernel: nvme nvme1: Removing after probe failure status: -19

Device is failing to initialize, if you can test with a different OS to confirm if the device is working or not.

• 10 months later...

Sorry to revive such an old post, but life got in the way (had a baby) and I finally got back around to trying this.

I've updated the firmware on the Intel P3605 PCIe SSD and no longer see a "Device not ready; aborting initialisation" message anywhere in diagnostics, but still don't see the storage device showing available anywhere. Can't seem to figure out what else I might need to do.

tower-syslog-20230619-2028.zip

Jun 19 15:12:54 Tower kernel: nvme nvme1: I/O 25 QID 0 timeout, disable controller
Jun 19 15:12:54 Tower kernel: nvme nvme1: Failed to read smart log (error -4)
Jun 19 15:12:54 Tower kernel: nvme nvme1: Removing after probe failure status: -4

Still failing to initialize, you can try with a live Ubuntu install just to confirm if it's Unraid related, which I doubt.

I would agree that it's probably not Unraid related.

Honestly it's probably a bad SSD or something and I just didn't want to waste money on puchasing another one if it indeed was software related.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1