Unmountable no file system in 6.8.3 after power outage during parity check

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hey, I'm writing on this forum because I'm having issues and want to avoid creating more problems by being a newbie.

My unRAID server was forcibly shutdown during a power outage while it was doing its parity check. After the issues and a reboot it could restart the array no problem and restarting doing its parity check. During the check it crashed saying that disk1 was disabled (didn't write down the actual error message, sorry for the dumb mistake). I stopped the array to try and help it restart, and upon restarting it I now get the error "unmountable : no file system" for all my drives.

I'm lost and have no idea what to do to avoid losing data, any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

pegasus-diagnostics-20220802-2322.zip

Alright so that did it, the server is back on track and works well, I also ran an extended SMART test on the disk which was initially having a bad time and it passed it, so I guess it's all good? For future reference, what do you think caused this issue in the first place? Simply unlucky timing for a power outage and the disk is still fine? You also suggested getting an external SATA controller, do you have recommendations? I expect having about up to 10 disks down the line in total.

Here's the diagnostics as usual! Thanks again for your help and your time :)

pegasus-diagnostics-20220804-0847.zip

Edited by Antoine Rincent
Found my VM issue so removed the question as it wasn't linked with the disk issue.
1 hour ago, Antoine Rincent said:

For future reference, what do you think caused this issue in the first place?

On 8/3/2022 at 9:34 AM, JorgeB said:

Problem with the onboard SATA controller, quite common with some Ryzen servers, <snip>, if this continues to happen best bet is to get an add-on controller (or use a different board).