Unraid couldn't start the array / Cache Pool is failing

Hello!

I have quite a big Unraid Server with about 26 Disks and 2 Cache Pools. At the moment I am in the process of replacing disks with errors and used Unbalance to free the drives. During the process I thought it is a good Idea to reboot the server. But the array wasn't starting anymore.

Fix common problems said that one ssd of one pool had errors and I copied of the data of the pool like described in the linked thread to one of the disks.

After that I tried to start the array without the failing ssd from the pool, because I thought it will be no problem because it's a raid pool. But it's stated that the ssd is still missing, even I put it back to the cache pool.

But still the array is not starting. I attached the diagnostics.

Maybe somene has an Idea how to start the array again.

I also consider to do a new config, because I have all the appdata and so on on one of the drives (from my rescue copy) I have never had done this. When I do a new config, how do I get the Dockers back running, because of redoing the pools.

Hope you can help.

Thanks. Martin

anderson-diagnostics-20220803-1234.zip

Aug  3 12:22:46 Anderson root: WARNING: adding device /dev/sdak1 gen 3145 but found an existing device /dev/sdj1 gen 3159

Sdj is disk9, sdak is currently unassigned, wipe or disconnect sdak since it appears to be conflicting with the pool, then please reboot and post new diags after array start.

Thanks Jorge!

True! I cleared sdak and the array has started. Parity Check started also.

I still get following message:

Cache pool BTRFS missing device(s)
CT2000MX500SSD1_1818E13A37C4 (sdu)

I see reads from the cache pool where the device is missing. But no reads nor writes to sdu

Unraid put new appdata and system folders on disk5, which was subject to get changed in the future.

I attached the new diagnostics.

anderson-diagnostics-20220803-1320.zip

There wasn't a valid btrfs filesystem in sdu, suggesting the device was wiped at some point, because of that Unraid if first deleting the missing device, I do see a lot of these errors logged:

Aug  3 13:13:34 Anderson kernel: BTRFS warning (device sds1): direct IO failed ino 119162 rw 0,0 sector 0xfe1a280 len 4096 err no 10
Aug  3 13:13:34 Anderson kernel: BTRFS warning (device sds1): direct IO failed ino 119162 rw 0,0 sector 0xfe1a288 len 4096 err no 10
Aug  3 13:13:34 Anderson kernel: BTRFS warning (device sds1): direct IO failed ino 119162 rw 0,0 sector 0xfe1a290 len 4096 err no 10

Not sure what these mean exactly but while the balance is going lets see if it finishes.