Parity Rebuild

I had two sata ports on the motherboard fail. I bought a 6 port sata controller card and connected the two cables from the inactive drives to the ports on the new controller card. The server is now doing a rebuild for the two inactive drives. My question is should this be happening since if have not made any changes to the data. I thought that if the server looks for the drive serial number then parity should be valid. 

Thanks, for the quick reply. As far as I know, the drives were functioning  at the time I noticed they were not being detected. But, I very seldom look at the web GUI so I don't know for sure. However, I did not replace those drives I just changed the sata ports. So, I guess something is wrong. I hope the data on those drives will not be deleted during the parity rebuild.

Aug  3 11:25:40 Tower kernel: md: import_slot: 4 empty
Aug  3 11:25:40 Tower kernel: md: import_slot: 6 empty

The array was started without disks 4 and 6 assigned, this will make Unraid emulate those disks, they were re-assigned after an array stop

Aug  3 11:34:51 Tower kernel: md: import_slot: 4 replaced
Aug  3 11:34:51 Tower kernel: md: import_slot: 6 replaced

And that will make a rebuild required.