IPv6 now can't find server

Go to solution Solved by HomerJ,

Hi,

I wasn't able to use port forwarding so I could access my server from outside my local network. I contacted my ISP and my network is now connected using IPv6 which they said will resolve the issue. So after changing my router, I went into the servers settings and selected IPv6 only in the Network settings. 

Now I can't access the server on my local network. Nothing else was changed in my routers settings, so I don't understand why I can't access the server using the IP address that I reserved for it. 

I'm actually feeling pretty stupid.... Can someone spare a moment to help?

Thanks heaps1314845814_Screenshot_20220805-150712_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.fa1cda03943fe35f04f88314072f6ff0.jpg

Edited by HomerJ
Screenshot upload
  • Solution

Update-

I've been able to get into the server, albeit only in safe GUI mode for some reason, and I've changed its network credentials back to IPv4 only again, and I'm again able to find the server on my network. 

I'll mark this as resolved, but if anyone has any good advice or links to good guides which help transition from IPv4 to IPv6, please let me know. Cheers! 

Everything I have seen with networking is to run both IPV4 and IPV6 at the same time, which is called dual stacked, or to run only IPV4. The attempts at only running IPV6 currently results in not being able to reach huge portions of the internet. The rest of the network world simply isn't ready yet.