Moving unraid Eth0 to a new nic confusion

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

After playing for a while i managed to make it work in getting the NIC orders altered.
To do so I had to manually create and populate the "network-rules.cfg" file, then go to settings and in the section "Interface rules" that now appears make a change and click save (even if they where how you want them you must make a change, you can change it to be wrong and then back to be right) then it will ask for a reboot to apply the changes. If you reboot it will not work, but now you cna take the "network-rules.cfg" file and save it somewhere outside the server. Now stop the server and take the Unraid USB and plug it to another computer, go to config and add the saved "network-rules.cfg" file and remove the "network.cfg" file. Plug the USB back to the server and boot normally.

Now the NICs should be in the order you set in the "Interface rules" section before rebooting. (the "network-rules.cfg" file is gone still with the section "Interface rules" so i believe this will not survive a reboot.)

BUT now Unraid complains about not having internet.

Both NICs are working as I want them to, I can access the server from both and from the shell I can ping everything but Unraid complains about not being able to connect to the internet...

EDIT: I had to redo the routes manually and now its working fine.

Edited by SHALcL
  • Like 1