Restoring from backup - Cache pools are not carried over?

Hi guys,

I've recently had a power outage, and even though the server is set up with a PSU to gracefully shut down it seems to have corrupted or damaged my flash. I've got multiple backups, but I seem to have some issues (and want to be extra sure not to mess things up).

I had two cache pools with a single drive in each. When I booted from the restored (fresh) USB it correctly assigned my array, but I didn't notice until after starting the array that the cache pools were missing. This caused Unraid to create a new docker.img on my arraid. 

I've tried multiple backups, both from (the outdated) backup&restore plugin, and from My Unraid. Neither seem to have cache pools config for some reason. 

I've mounted my cache-drives using Unassigned now just to create a fresh backup of docker.img and appdata in case something goes wrong. 

After that I plan on creating the same cache pools I had before and assigning the same drives to them. As far as I can tell this is the right way, and will avoid formatting the drives?

Thanks!

That is the correct way to proceed.

the backup should have kept the pool assignments unless they predated them being set up.  When you get them set up this time I recommend you click on the flash drive on the Main tab and select the option to create a backup.  I try to always do this on my own system whenever I make a configuration change.

41 minutes ago, itimpi said:

the backup should have kept the pool assignments unless they predated them being set up.

They don't predate, so I don't understand what has happend. I haven't changed the config since 2021, and backups are from 05.2022 and 07.2022.

Maybe the flash had already started corrupting or something when the backup ran. I've decided to not dig into it more than needed as I seem to have identified the solution - thanks for confirming! :)