Replaced Parity Drive and now all Data drives are Unmountable

Maybe I screwed up this process but here is what I did....

I have 2 parity drives (10tb each) and wanted to upgrade them to 16tb drives. I figured the best process was to do this one drive at a time and let each re-build.

- I stopped the array from the GUI
- physically removed Parity drive 1 (10tb)
- physically replaced with a new 16tb drive
- selected the new 16tb drive in the gui for Parity Drive

- started the array and now all my other disks give me the Unmountable: Wrong or no file system error

I'm trying to remain calm but definitely feel the nerves kicking in lol. Can anyone please point me in the right direction to not completely screw up my entire server haha. Please and thank you 🙂

array.png

Screenshot 2022-08-09 122500.png

Edited by fattrain

That looks OK. 

Of course, simply replacing parity will not have changed anything about the other disks so I don't know what's going on.

And your cache did mount.

There are call traces in syslog when it tries to mount each disk, maybe controller or power problem?

Shutdown and check all connections I guess, maybe reseat controllers.

I mean I changed literally nothing other than removing the drive and replacing it with another drive and it's a in a pretty solid rack mount setup....

I will stop the parity rebuild and give the machine a fresh reboot and see if the problem persists

Was my procedure otherwise correct for replacing / upgrading my parity drive from a 10tb to 16tb ?

Edited by fattrain

Your system share has files on cache and disk1, must have created a new docker.img on either cache or disk1. Of course, you want it on cache, can't tell if it was on disk1 before since disk1 didn't mount.

New docker.img would make you have to install all your containers again but no harm in that if you reuse the templates since appdata is still there.

Probably the files on cache are the current ones. You can examine with Dynamix File Manager which you already have installed.

Nothing can move or delete open files so if the files on disk1 are current you will have to disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings before you can move them to cache. I wouldn't bother with mover since there should only be a couple of files/folders in system share. And mover won't move duplicates anyway

• Like 1