Mover not moving all files from cache

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hello,

Im trying to move a few shares from my older cache to my new pool. I disabled, docker/vms, set the shares' cache settings to 'Yes', ran the mover, and set the shares back to 'prefer'. But there are still folders/files from the appdata share on the older cache.

I just set appdata to 'yes' and tried to get the mover to move all the files from both pools to the array, but the older pool is still not moving its data. 

Can someone help me figure out what im doing wrong? Im attaching diagnostics. Thanks!

swagserver-diagnostics-20220812-1417.zip

Thanks, makes sense! I was thinking to do it manually but I've heard that we should not move files between drives. What would be the best way to move them manually?

Also, i have, for example, Plex-Media-Server folder both on the array and the cache from the appdata. How can i easily combine the 2 folders from both drives without losing data?

8 minutes ago, Swagnoor19 said:

I've heard that we should not move files between drives

Moving between drives is fine, moving between user shares is fine.

Mixing disks and user shares when moving/copying can result in data loss since linux doesn't know these are different views of the same file, and so can try to overwrite what it is trying to read.

If you were on 6.10 you could use Dynamix File Manager plugin, would make this much easier and less error-prone.