Need help with a BTRFS corruption error

I get these errors in my system log:

Aug 15 23:42:01 Tower kernel: BTRFS warning (device loop2): csum failed root 3226 ino 16466 off 389120 csum 0xb0a64a63 expected csum 0x3fa2b886 mirror 1
Aug 15 23:42:01 Tower kernel: BTRFS error (device loop2): bdev /dev/loop2 errs: wr 0, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 273, gen 0

My cache drive was on a BTRFS filesystem, but after it got corrupted I recovered the data and re-formatted to an XFS filesystem.

Now I get these errors but I don't have a BTRFS filesystem that I know of?

Any help would be appreciated, I attached my system diagnostics.

tower-diagnostics-20220815-2344.zip

Ok so doing more research it looks like /dev/loop2 mounts to /var/lib/docker?  That is I guess using a BTRFS filesystem, and it's corrupted.  I'm guessing it happened when I was getting segfault errors due to my failing RAM or when my cache drive BTRFS filesystem got corrupted.  It looks like the next step is to delete the /mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img and reinstall all my docker containers.  Since the config is saved and I'm not deleting appdata it sounds like just a time consuming but not difficult task.

Can anyone verify that this sounds like the right path forward?

12 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Delete and recreate the docker image, if you keep getting filesystem corruption without any reason you might have a hardware issue, like bad RAM. 

I did in fact have bad RAM, just replaced it today.

I also re-created the docker image file, so we'll see what happens now.

Edit: 12 hours later so far so good.

Edited by Daxter
  • Like 1