Wipe clean and start fresh but keep most stuff on the Array?

If the possible ( I'm sore it is)  to wipe clean my everything but the contents of the Array, well everything but my media section, (also clean it up as there two downloads folders etc. I would also keep most of the .iso's in the (iso folder), delete everything in the downloads folders, (System) folder will stay, So I am left with

• (Backup's
  • (Downloads)   > >    > >      (Complete)
  •  >   > >   > >    > >    > >
  • General Storage)
  • (Media)   > >   > >    > >      (movies)  (tvshows)  (music)
  • (ISO's).   > >   > >    > >      (Win ISO's)  (Linux ISO's)
  • (PVR)     > >   > >    > >      (Recordings)
  • (system)        > >   > >      (
  • t-darr cache
  • (windows disk)

I dont mind re-downloading dockers again etc. I just think mines got a bit miss mass and would benefit from starting clean even though I will have to download/setup all the docker images and Plugins etc. I also get random problems like when lrying to open a new window of Unraid it just comes up with some login errors etc.

Also, with the new cache pools I wanted to do some changes like remove my current Cache pool of 2 500GB SD drives and create a new cache pool with one of my 1TB NVME M.2 Drives etc. (The two 500gb drives have been in there for about 4/5 years from my urial config.

I wanted to reargue a few other things like my appdata, backup and system are on a old SSD called ua_docker which was from a tutorial ages ago about moving your docker stuff (appdata) to a separate SSD.

Cheers

Many of the things it seems you want to clean up will still require you to delete or rearrange files even if you start with a new install, since user shares are simply the combined top level folders on array and pools, and if a top level folder exists, it is automatically a user share named for the folder. Any share you haven't made settings for will have default settings.

To start with a new install

1. Make a backup of flash drive.
  2. Make a new install on the same flash drive or you will have to do license transfer to a new one.
  3. Copy license .key file from config folder of backup to config folder of new install
  4. If you want to keep your disk assignments, copy super.dat from config folder of backup to config folder of new install.
  5. If you don't want to keep your disk assignments, you don't need super.dat, it will make you assign. Be sure you don't assign any data drive to any parity slot or it will be overwritten by parity.

• Upvote 1