CA certification not showing in Unraid

Go to solution Solved by ljm42,

Hi, I just upgraded one of my NAS from 6.9.2 to 6.10.3, everything else works fine, but the unraid reset my remote access back to lan ip, so I set the remote ddns acess to the original one, but it doesn't take my ssl ca certification like before.

I menually rename my ca in flash drive, ssl connection is back and ca is correct in my browser, but still no ca info in unraid, no idea this is intended in new version or I am doing something wrong?

225650205_Screenshot2022-08-22143623.thumb.png.dd7e042554d315ebdd3a7e6fd372b4d1.png

update: found the problem, need to correct the name to certificate_bundle.pem, since old xxxx_unraid_bundle doesn't work anymore.

But there is another question, the Certificate expiration: still showing: DNS Propagation is PENDING. Is this normal? I remember in 6.92 it can show the correct expire date.

11 hours ago, xyzeratul said:

update: found the problem, need to correct the name to certificate_bundle.pem, since old xxxx_unraid_bundle doesn't work anymore

Tower_unraid_bundle.pem is for self-signed or user provided certs.  The (my)unraid.net Let's Encrypt certificate has always been named certificate_bundle.pem

I am not really clear on what changes were done manually. I think your best bet would be to get back to stock:

* change Use SSL/TLS to No

* delete all files in the config/ssl/certs/ folder on the flash drive

* reboot

And then follow the directions here to setup SSL:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Security#Securing_webGui_connections_.28SSL.29

If you get stuck, please upload your diagnostics.zip (from Tools -> Diagnostics) along with details on the issue.

3 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Tower_unraid_bundle.pem is for self-signed or user provided certs.  The (my)unraid.net Let's Encrypt certificate has always been named certificate_bundle.pem

I am not really clear on what changes were done manually. I think your best bet would be to get back to stock:

* change Use SSL/TLS to No

* delete all files in the config/ssl/certs/ folder on the flash drive

* reboot

And then follow the directions here to setup SSL:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Security#Securing_webGui_connections_.28SSL.29

If you get stuck, please upload your diagnostics.zip (from Tools -> Diagnostics) along with details on the issue.

Base on the wiki, I should use:

image.thumb.png.84411eb28cd87ef9cbc9d202f54a6f16.png

This does sort of work, but like I mentioned the 1st post, change my custom certifcates' name to [servername]_unraid_bundle.pem, SSL working but no ca info displayed in unraid at all.

If I change ca name to certificate_bundle.pem, SSL still working and all ca info displayed correctly except for the Certificate expiration.

So which one is the correct way for custom certificates?

• Solution
3 hours ago, xyzeratul said:

This does sort of work, but like I mentioned the 1st post, change my custom certifcates' name to [servername]_unraid_bundle.pem, SSL working but no ca info displayed in unraid at all.

This is the expected behavior in Unraid 6.10.x, it only displays details for certificate_bundle.pem.  The upcoming Unraid 6.11 release displays details for [servername]_unraid_bundle.pem certs too.

3 hours ago, xyzeratul said:

So which one is the correct way for custom certificates?

Custom certificates should be named [servername]_unraid_bundle.pem as per the wiki.

Other than not seeing cert details on the page, are you having any issues? If there are still issues please upload your diagnostics.zip (from Tools -> Diagnostics

1 hour ago, ljm42 said:

This is the expected behavior in Unraid 6.10.x, it only displays details for certificate_bundle.pem.  The upcoming Unraid 6.11 release displays details for [servername]_unraid_bundle.pem certs too.

Custom certificates should be named [servername]_unraid_bundle.pem as per the wiki.

Other than not seeing cert details on the page, are you having any issues? If there are still issues please upload your diagnostics.zip (from Tools -> Diagnostics

So it's intended, Thank you, I just want to make sure it's not something mess up in my end, other than this, everything else working correctly.