Multiple disks with errors

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I woke up this morning to find that 4 out of my 5 disks on the array were reporting errors (No errors on the parity). I had a similar problem about two months ago when my 4th disk was reporting errors. I ran an extensive SMART test on disk 4 and it seemed fine so I rebuilt it. I am wondering if this is related to Unraid version 6.10.3, because I have only experienced these issues since I updated a few months ago. Not sure though. 

My log is currently sitting at 98%. I have attached the diagnostics report to this thread. The server is still running but I took the array offline just-in-case. I also have a cold spare (4tb) if I need to replace disk 4. 

Other misc info:

• I have a PCI sata expansion card that I believe two drives are attached to currently. I don't think it is the cause, but idk.
  • I do have a single sata power splitter that I believe is powering two drives. Not sure if it is related either. 
  • I dont remember what is plugged into where, but I can check if someone thinks it is related.

I am not sure what I should do next. Any help is appreciated. 

fuhen-diagnostics-20220823-0916_anon.zip

7 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Problem with the onboard SATA controller, quite common with some Ryzen servers, look for a BIOS update but best bet it to use an add-on controller (or a different board).

Ok, I have updated the bios to the latest version. I think everything is OK? I got a discord message from my server stating:
"Notice [] - array turned good

Description

Array has 0 disks with read errors"

I gave my docker containers a few minutes to warm up and everything seems fine.

7 hours ago, trurl said:

post new diagnostics

I attached the latest diagnostics to this reply. I will probably mark this thread as resolved unless you guys seem something else wrong in the diagnostics. If I get anymore errors, I will move all my drives to my current PCI sata add-on card.

Thanks again for the help!

fuhen-diagnostics-20220823-1721_anon.zip